Chattisgarh PSC/CGPSC usually happens every year for the requirement of Group 'A' and 'B' officers in Chattisgarh Administration.Currently, the result of Mains Exam has not come yet and we can expect a new notification in Nov-Dec 2017 Or in 2018.
CGPSC Exam Pattern 2017
(i) Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
Note-There will be Negative marking of 1/2(50%) for each wrong question
(ii) Main Examination (Descriptive type)
|S. NO||Exam Type||Papers||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Conventional Type||Paper I||Language||200||3 Hrs|
|2.||Paper II||Essay||200||3 Hrs|
|3.||Paper III||History, Constitution and Public Administartion||200||3 Hrs|
|4.||Paper IV||Science, Technology and Environment||200||3 Hrs|
|5.||Paper V||Economics & Geography||200||3 Hrs|
|6.||Paper VI||Mathematics & Logical Ability||200||3 Hrs|
|7.||Paper VII||Philosophy & Sociaology||200||3 Hrs|
|Interview/ Personality Test||150|
|Grand Total Marks||1550|
(iii) Personality and viva-voice Examination-150 Marks
CGPSC Prelims Syllabus 2017
1. History of India and Indian National Movement.
2. Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
3. Constitution of India & Polity.
4. Indian Economy.
5. General Science & Technology.
6. Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture.
7. Current Affairs & Sports.
General Knowledge of Chhattisgarh:
1. History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement.
2. Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centres of Chhattisgarh.
3. Literature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs,
Puzzle/riddle (Janula), Singing (Haanaa) of Chhattisgarh.
4. Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh.
5. Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh.
6. Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh.
7. Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resource of Chhattisgarh.
8. Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh.
1. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
2. Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
3. Decision-making and problem-solving
4. General mental ability
5. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
6. Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level).
7. Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language. Knowledge of Hindi Language and Chhattisgarhi Language will be tested in Hindi and Chhattisgarhi Language only,
without providing translation.
CGPSC Mains Syllabus 2017
If Need Hardcopy Notes and Books of various coaching and publication For JPSC Pre and Mains Then visit