History of Modern India is one of the famous books of Bipin Chandra
History of Modern India is one of the famous books of Bipin Chandra. Following is covered in this book:-
- This book is a journey mapping the path of colonial India in from the eighteenth century to the twentieth century.
- It traces the timeline of British rule which majorly coincides with the modern Indian history.
- This book is a social understanding of the factors that allowed British rulers to rule over India for such a long span of time. It tries to understand what the social effects of the rule were.
- How the small villages and corners of India was affected by a power that was controlled from Europe. What did this rule bring for the Indians to make their lives better?
- How did the colonized people perceived, behaved and reacted to the foreign rule?
- Here you will not only find all that had happened politically, but also socio-economic aspects like what did the general people understood and did about this rule?
- While you read the book, nationalist movement certainly becomes the main story-line, but the anecdotes and parallel stories of what was going through the lives that just wanted to get by each day without any trouble are interesting.
- You can easily understand what and how the social hidden narratives went during that time.
- This book is a recommended read for the students who are preparing for civil services with "history" as an optional paper. It is also recommended for other History enthusiasts and academies.
You can Free Download Modern India by Bipin Chandra here.